BHHS Counseling Home » Mental Health Services

Mental Health Services

Mental Health Services

Counseling and You

Personal/Social – Mental Health Counseling Services:

~Part of a Comprehensive School Counseling Program includes providing mental health services. Both Mr. Dunn and Mrs. Fulton are available to support students in their personal/social counseling needs. As licensed counselors, they are trained in many areas of at-risk, crisis and mental health issues.

~For non-immediate crisis please make an initial appointment with the counselor with your letter in the alphabet. (Fulton A-K, Dunn L-Z) Counselors will work together with you on your behalf to make sure you feel comfortable and are meeting with the counselor that best fits your needs. If it is an immediate issue or situation please come directly to guidance and counseling office and one of them will be quickly available for you.

~The Curry County School-Based Health Department also has a mental health counselor not associated with the high school. Students can seek them out on their own or through a referral from the guidance and counseling office. The school based clinic is located between Mr. Scott’s and Ms. Tuttle’s classrooms outside past the gym area. Office hours are varied so look for the posting on the door or in the guidance and counseling office.

~Counselors strive to maintain confidentiality with students. Counselors are mandatory reporters and if a student shares that they are hurting themselves and/or are going to hurt themselves, going to hurt someone else, or someone is hurting them (abuse) then in those cases counselors may contact parent/ guardians and are legally required to contact appropriate social agencies.

~ In Crisis/Need Someone To Talk To?

Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Crisis Text Line (741741)    No charge for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile

Curry County Public Health Services

Serving Brookings, Gold Beach & Port Orford
MedLine Plus
A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration
SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.


BHHS Anonymous Tip System, SafeOregon: To report a tip